Thursday, March 10, 2011

In The End

I did it.  I survived 30 days of eating healthy.  This last week was the hardest and I didn't help myself by thinking of all the wonderful things I would be able to eat and drink again.  Ironically, even though I could (if I wanted to) eat absolutely anything and everything today, I only strayed from the Whole30 diet to have a mocha in the morning made by my favorite barista (I have no idea if I spelled that right, much like I have no idea how to order a coffee in that special lingo they all use).  

I was so scared that the second I put something non-Whole30 in my mouth, I would get sick and my special dinner tonight wouldn't be as much fun.  I ordered an 8 ounce cup and took it back to my class (I'm being educated this week at work) where it sat on my desk for at least a half hour before I summoned the courage to take the first sip.  It was good, but it really didn't get me excited.  I'm hoping I get more excited about the tortilla chips in just a few short minutes.

Day 30 - I wandered the aisle at the store thinking of something special to buy myself as a treat yet nothing jumped out at me.  Spaghetti for lunch, curry for dinner, scrambled eggs for a late night snack after Roller Derby practice.  Seems like 30 days of eating better and reading labels really did change my habits.   I'd just be careful if you try to take my chocolate/peanut butter combo candy away from me.  You might just lose those fingers.

WCotD = Nothing.  I was more interested in taking a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment