Monday, March 7, 2011

I Have Become Cumbersome

Anybody else hear those crickets that have been hanging out here on the blog?  Yeah, me neither.  Pretty much, I hit the halfway point of Whole30 and stopped blogging about my experience.  I had some pretty epic ideas for posts which mainly centered around the song that I wanted to use for the title/video.  With all the cooking I've been doing, I've been checking out a lot of gadgets so I was going to write a "review" of what I'd be using and use the Inspector Gadget theme song (I know you all have that stuck in your head now).  Another idea was to write a post about what I liked about the diet and what I didn't like (song choice:  You Suck by the Murmurs).  But as usual time and my mind got away from me so you'll just have to imagine the awesomeness of my posts.

It is official though.  I have become one of those people.  You know, the ones who refuse to go to a specific restaurant because they "just can't eat anything there".  That's so not true.  I don't care what kind of diet you're on or picky an eater you are, there is ALWAYS something on the menu.  I was invited to a Women's Resource Center's breakfast the other morning.  Me being the absentminded individual that I am didn't even think about that breakfast = food I might not be able to eat.  We were served little cups of fruit and then a plate of some sort of quiche (I think), sausage, biscuits and some other stuff.  My solution?  I just asked for a bigger bowl of fruit.  Yum!  I've gone out to dinner a few times since I started this diet and each time I've managed to find something on the menu that passed for Whole30.  So I'm not really one of those people but I am a little cumbersome to feed. 

I'm on the downhill stretch though.  It seems like this last week has been the toughest out of the entire month.  Food that I don't normally crave suddenly looks like manna from heaven.  Pizza?  Please!! Ice cream?  Yes!!  I am sick of nuts though.  I really don't want any more almonds or walnuts.  Still addicted to kale though. 

Days 17-24:  Such a slacker!!  Ha!  Dinner out on the 17th day (spinach and strawberry salad from McGlinn's), sledding on the 19th (no special cocoa for me) and the Women's Resource Center breakfast on the 24th day.  Lots of Thai beef lettuce wraps, spicy basil beef and spaghetti for dinner.

WCotD = pizza, ice cream and more pizza


2 comments:

  1. Oh sure. You had to bring up the WRC breakfast. Thanks a lot. I still feel bad that I invited you and then you couldn't eat. What was I thinking?! I guess we can still be friends.... :-) I can't wait to celebrate the end of this 30 days though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! If the person doing the stupid diet can't even remember she can't eat most breakfasts then I can hardly fault you for not remembering. :) It was still fun. I can't wait to celebrate either!

    ReplyDelete